50 Years

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:21 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Death of Peter Clifton.
New postPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:00 am 
100+ Member

This from Graham Spencer via Facebook;

To all my organ friends. I am very sad to inform you that dedicated organ enthusiast and all round decent bloke, Peter Clifton from Peterborough has died following a massive heart attack. The Funeral is on 15th Nov at 11.00 - Peterborough Crematorium.

This from me;

For those who don't know, Peter was for a long time owner of what is now the Baldry's 98k Limonaire, a North Tonawanda trumpet organ, & latterly a Ruth organ restoration project amongst other things. He will be sadly missed.

Last edited by Rob Barker on Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: Re: Death of Peter Clifton.
New postPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:08 pm 
FOPS Committee

I am sorry to hear this sad news. Before Peter bought the ex. Fred Gregory Limonaire organ from Roy Pratt ( now Baldry's 98 Key Limonaire, not Baldock's ) he was a superb model maker. He used to exhibit his model of Pat Collins' Wonderland organ, latterly with one scenic dragon car. I don't know if he completed the whole scenic railway before he became an organ owner.

He will be sadly missed by us all in the Peterborough area.

Ray Elliott.

Profile E-mail  
New postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:27 am 
100+ Member

Well spotted, Ray. I have corrected the original post.

Profile E-mail  
New postPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:16 pm 
Hi,

Dad's death was very unexpected and has been a huge shock to all of us. It is very hard to put into words how we are feeling but the ammount of cards / messages of support we have recieved have been a great comfort.

Just to carry on from the messages above the 1/16th scale secnic ride was only ever completed to about 90%. It, along with the wonderland model, ended up at the rutland cottage music museum where the last time i saw them they were in a very poor state.

In terms of full size organs, aswell as the limonaire, he built the 48 (?) key de-cherub organ now owned by John Francis and also some of the fronts for Mark Walthams organs. The Ruth mentioned above, Dad became convinced that it was actually a bruder due to the unusual roll playing mechanism. His last project was a 1/12th scale set of gallopers. The ride was completed but the packing trucks were still on the bench awaiting completion when he passed away.

Regards

Andy Clifton

New postPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:39 pm 
I decided that I must write something here about my great friend Pete.

I am still quite reeling from losing Pete as one of my closest friends. I first met Pete and Veronica at a local rally where he noticed my organ was from Peterborough, and he hassled poor Veronica to go over to our location to meet us.

From then on we became such good friends. We met up at Dorset two years on the trot and I just marvelled at the quaity of Pete's model making abilities, and his knowledge of steam and organs. I was in awe of his knowledge and skills.

Pete built and painted the top main section of my organ which was just unbelievable when I collected it. I was just stunned by his workmanship!

Sadly for us, the joy of rallying has gone now Pete is no longer with us so Colossus is now up for sale. Rallies will never be the same without Pete to walk round with.

Rest Easy Pete - never forgotten!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]