50 Years

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Newark on Trent fairorgan query..
New postPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:28 pm 
Site Admin

Message via email to Webmaster:

Hi, I'm sorry to bother you but I wonder if you know of a family in the Newark on Trent area who tour shows and events with an organ that their father restored, collecting money for charity. I read about them in our local paper this year but searching the paper's archive hasn't given me any names or contacts.

I believe they were featured because their father had just passed away, but they were continuing his commitments over the summer and intending to carry on with his charitable work.

I organise a village fete that attracts about 800 visitors (not bad for a village of 200) and we were hoping to have something like this to welcome people outside the local manor house where it's held, which would enable the operators to take a charity collection as people entered and looked at exhibits in the machine show nearby.

If you do happen to have contacts with them, or know anyone who tours with an organ who might be interested in appearing, please let me know. I'm afraid we cannot pay to hire an organ, but we are happy, as I said, for a charitable collection to be taken, and we can throw in a cream tea and gourmet burger or two - everything homemade. The fete is very old fashioned with lots of children's sports, bunting, morris men, cream teas etc, and we think this would fit in beautifully. It's held in the grounds of Carlton Hall, N23, in Carlton on Trent, on 28 June this year, from 2-8 (although the daytime portion finishes at 5, before the bands start performing).

Thank you very much for you help if this does ring a bell or if someone else springs to mind.

Best wishes

Fiona

Fiona Jerome
fiona@deepermedia.co.uk
07887 886 945

Profile E-mail  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]