50 Years

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Rock-n-roll fairground organ
New postPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:39 am 
I had no problems with the link using Firefox as well. I decided to make a recording of the music being played and make an mp3 file from the output of my USB soundcard, as I thought this might be helpful for those people having problems with the link, to give them the chance to hear the music themselves. You can download a copy of my mp3 file using this non-malware infected (as far as I'm know) link:

https://www.yousendit.com/dl?phi_action ... ll-c-19072

N.B. This will only be available for the next 7 days and then it will be automatically deleted.

Happy listening! :music2:

I'm sure I've heard this tune before, but I can't remember the name of it now. Does anyone know? It sounds familiar. Does anyone recognise the organ that's playing in this recording as well?

Totallyfairorgans.

New postPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:55 am 
Site Admin

Hi.

Thanks for that.

It is a good recording, so it was a pity about the stupid malware problem spoiling it for everyone.

Hopefully someone will identify the music and the instrument and let us know!

Dave Stubbs

Profile E-mail  
New postPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:13 pm 
Hi Dave,

The tune might be called "Knipe Boogie", but I'd need someone else to confirm this as I'm not 100% sure that this is the correct title. The organ sounds a bit like a Verbeeck one to me, but it's not one I've heard before though I don't think.

I was a bit unsure about posting a link for downloading my mp3 file as I thought this might've broken one of the forum's rules regarding linking to web sites perhaps(?). If you'd like to upload my file to the forum for it to be accessed this way instead, rather than using my link, please feel free to do this, Dave.

Here's another of my mp3 files I've made recently (I'm in the process of archiving my collection of 100+ cassettes of mechanical organs onto CDs at the moment while the cassettes can still be played)...

"Victory Jigs" played by the "Princess" 48 key Page & Howard fair organ, which I believe was formerly owned by George Houghton but now is owned by someone in Tasmania...

https://www.yousendit.com/dl?phi_action ... ll-c-19072

Hope you enjoy this music as well! :music2:

Totallyfairorgans.
(http://www.youtube.com/user/Totallyfairorgans)

New postPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:57 pm 

Hi.

Thanks for the recording of the 48 key "Princess" Page and Howard fairorgan, which was made when in my ownership.

The organ is now sited in a set of gallopers in Tasmania, owned by Mark Money.

The picture shows the gallopers at The Sheffield Steamfest in Tasmania and was taken in February 1998 before the "Princess" was installed.

The gallopers are a set of Savages 42 feet diameter, 30 horses, 2 chariots and took Mark 5 years to restore after purchasing the ride in Holland.

Apart from that I have no other information, so maybe someone could provide us with an update.

File comment: Mark Money's Gallopers in Tasmania
Mark Money Gallopers.jpg
Mark Money Gallopers.jpg [ 71.67 KiB | Viewed 5815 times ]

George

Profile E-mail  
New postPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:20 am 
Site Admin

Hi folks!

Thanks for the info George, lets see if anyone knows about those gallopers.

Thanks "Totallyfairorgans". I can't say I am too worried about posting links to MP3 files. I think the UK should adopt the US policy of "Fair Use" relating to the non-profit use of copyright material anyway!

Also, the FOPS web hosting account only has a limited amount of space for uploads, so I prefer that large-ish files are linked to external sites.

Dave Stubbs

Profile E-mail  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2