50 Years

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:06 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Forum Activity
New postPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:27 pm 

Hi Dave and George.
It is unfortunate that we have little activity on this forum and the same goes for the other two UK based forums.
I have noticed and have commented before that the forums do have many visitors but few who contribute.
I would like to see more contributions but only about organ related topics.
If my interests were in other directions I would go there as I do with Rollscanners, Wurlitzer105b and others.
To try to encourage interest by introducing non organ topics for me would be a retrograde step.
It is early days for this reformed forum and we can but hope that many more contributions will be made in the future.
Whilst my interest is in building organs I live in hope that some one will take on the task of trying to improve my understanding of pipe voicing and tuning.
Incidentally without Youtube many contributions on other forums would be much less.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Forum Activity
New postPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:41 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Arthur.

The issue of forum activity does not seem to be limited to this or other related forums. I have noticed that posts on unrelated forums always have the same contributors.

I think it depends on how many members have an opinion to express and trying to force the non-regular contributors does seem to be hard work.

I decided that it would make the forum too 'insular' to focus only organ only topics, which is why I tried to encourage other interests which will hopefully start some activity.

Dave Stubbs

Profile E-mail