50 Years

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The A & R Marenghi makes a return to Salisbury Fair!
New postPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:50 pm 

Hi all,

I am really excited to say that Anderton & Rowlands Grand Organ (The A & R Marenghi) is making a very welcome return to The Annual Salisbury Charter Pleasure Fair 2010, after nearly 20 years.
The organ was always taken to Salisbury Fair to help raise money for The Mayor of Salisburys Charity Appeal, by my uncle and auntie Stephen & Vicky Postlethwaite whilst in their custodianship.

The position was then taken over by another organ, a 54 keyless Dean "The Happy Wanderer", and then the past few years there has been no organs at all at Salisbury Fair.
Its going to be great to have some real fairground atmosphere back in Salisbury!

I had no idea about the organ making an appearance, I was driving along to work and saw the organ parked up in Peter Symmonds Catering yard (where all the showmen park when the fair is approaching).

The fair opens Monday 18th and lasts til Wednesday 20th October (next week)
Anyone in the Wiltshire area might be worth popping into Salisbury to see/hear the organ!

Ian

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The A & R Marenghi makes a return to Salisbury Fair!
New postPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:52 pm 

Hi all,

I have now uploaded my photos of the A & R Marenghi at Salisbury Fair to my website here: http://www.freewebs.com/mechanicalorgangallery/

There are also some old photos of the organ at Salisbury Fair in the 'Old Photograph Album' on my website, when it was still being looked after by S & V Postlethwaite.

I have also uploaded a number of videos to YouTube which you can see by visiting my channel here: http://www.youtube.com/IanPostlethwaite

Best Wishes
Ian

Profile E-mail