Please take the time to read these forum rules, THEY
ARE ALL IMPORTANT!
They are divided into three sections:
The (A) FOPS Forum Rules have specific requirements for using this forum.
The (B) Forum Software Conditions are a set of rules supplied with the forum software.
The (C) Acceptable Usage Policy contains legal conditions.
(A) FOPS Forum Rules
(A1) When registering, you must provide your full name on the registration form in a separate entry from your username. This is only visible to the site Administrator/Moderators. It is recommended that registered users and guests provide their identity when posting messages. This prevents anonymous messages and abuse, encourages honesty and ensures a degree of 'self-moderation'.
(A2) Respect other users of the forum. If you can't say anything civilised, then don't say anything at all!
(A3) Do not post comments that could be interpreted as offensive or libellous. You WILL be moderated!
(A4) Do not think that your question is too trivial to post - The forum is here to be used ("Use it, or lose it!"). Remember, there are no stupid questions...but also remember that there may not be an answer, so make your question worthy of a reply!
(A5) Do not ridicule or criticise anyone who has asked a trivial question (see rule A4), or made spelling mistakes or typos - I have seen this on other forums and the upset that it can cause, so please be considerate about your reply. Put all your effort into helping and not into criticising, it doesn't cost anything to be polite. I recommend that Moderators post a reply to any offender with a reference to the appropriate rule and a suitable 'smiley' !
(A6) Do not use any offensive words in your posts. The forum has a word censor, which will replace 'popular' words (the word list makes grim reading!). Do not use implied or abbreviated offensive words! Do not replace any words that have been moderated and do not link to any websites that contain offensive material. This is a family-friendly-forum (see rules A2 and A3).
(A7) We do not wish to prevent healthy debate, but do not post any unfair criticism about the Fair Organ Preservation Society Committee, who are volunteers that put a large amount of their own time and effort into running the society.
(A8) Do not use any section of the forum as a 'soap-box' for purely personal reasons (I can't think of any examples and I hope that none ever arise - See rule A3!).
(A9) If you need to go "Off-Topic" for any reason, i.e. nothing to do with FOPS, organs, fairground, etc, then use the "Off-Topic" forum. Ensure that the forum rules are observed. Your post and possibly the entire section of the forum will be removed if it is abused!
(A10) The Public forum allows posting by members and non-members of the forum. Ensure that the forum rules are observed. Your post and possibly the entire section of the forum will be removed if it is abused!
(A11) The forum has a file attachment facility. Ensure that any files uploaded either belong to you, are in the public domain, or you have permission to upload them. The Fair Organ Preservation Society cannot be held liable for any breaches of copyright. The Moderators may delete any uploaded files that break copyright rules.
(A12) The promotion or discussion of products, services or items being sold by a business or trader is allowed on the condition that the promotion or discussion is made by a person who is not associated in any way with the business or trader and is not taking a fee from the business or trader for the promotion or discussion.
(A13) Do not open multiple accounts. If you are having problems accessing your existing account, please contact the Webmaster.
(A14) Respect any decisions made by the forum Moderators, it is in everyone's best interest that this is a well-moderated web resource.
Recommendations (advisory only, not moderated)
(1) Please try to use 'plain text' when posting, for example avoid mobile phone 'texting' abbreviations, after all you have a full keyboard in front of you and it makes your post easier to read and understand.
(2) Please avoid uploading large photographs; it can make your post difficult to view. The forum software limits the size of pictures to 3000 pixels wide by 625 pixels high (subject to a maximum file size of 150KB), but will be displayed with scrollbars if the width exceeds 625 pixels.
(3) Please avoid quoting an entire post, as it is very tedious having to read it all again!
(B) Forum Software Conditions
The Fair Organ Preservation Society (referred to as "we", "us" and "our") cannot be held liable for any breaches of these conditions.
(B1) By accessing this forum, you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use this forum. We may change these at any time and we will do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of this forum after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.
(B2) Our forums are powered by phpBB, which is a bulletin board solution released under the General Public License (GPL) and can be downloaded from phpBB. The phpBB software only facilitates Internet based discussions, the phpBB Group are not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct.
(B3) You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where this forum is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the Fair Organ Preservation Society have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither the Fair Organ Preservation Society nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
(B4) While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable, offensive or potentially libellous material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not those of the Fair Organ Preservation Society and hence cannot be held liable.
You also acknowledge that if a complaint is issued, an interval of time has to be allowed for the moderation process.
(C) Acceptable Usage Policy
By registering an account you agree to follow this policy (the AUP), which applies to the Fair Organ Preservation Society Discussion Forum and which includes private messages and emails sent via the site as well as postings made in public areas.
The Fair Organ Preservation Society cannot be held liable for any breaches of these conditions.
C1. Prohibited Content
C1.1. Messages that contain a level of profanity or sexual content that exceeds the moderator's definition of acceptable are prohibited.
* This applies not only to content posted directly on the site but also to website addresses that link directly to such material.
C1.2. Messages that are in contradiction with British law, or which promote such activity, are prohibited on this site.
C1.2a. Legal action
* This covers posting content that is libellous or racist, or which risks legal action being taken against representatives of the Fair Organ Preservation Society.
* Under British libel laws the burden of proof is on the defendant (the Author has to prove that their comments did not defame the claimant), so we will consider anything potentially defamatory as libellous.
C1.2b. Copyrighted materials
* Linking to sites carrying content without the permission of the copyright owner, or mentioning how to access such material, is forbidden.
* This also includes posting links to, or explaining how to access, unauthorized video or audio of copyrighted broadcasts and recordings.
* When linking to official audio or video, only do so to the relevant page on the official web site. Do not link to other sites or directly to a media stream as this is usually against the terms and conditions of the service.
* Photographs may only be posted where you own the copyright, or have been granted permission to do so.
* Brief excerpts from articles carried elsewhere, whether a web site or in print, or images captured from TV broadcasts may be posted for editorial purposes only. Copying full articles or posting video is prohibited.
* If responding to comments made on another web site or in print, relevant portions may be quoted as appropriate.
* When including any such material you must cite the source.
C1.3. Matter which are sub judice cannot be discussed.
* Under British law when a matter becomes sub judice - from the moment a charge is filed or hearing arranged and until a resolution is reached - publishers are restricted under criminal penalty to what can be published so as not to prejudice a case.
* The definition of published content includes web sites and postings on message boards. As such any discussion of ongoing cases cannot be permitted anywhere on this forum.
C1.4. Messages intended to destroy threads are prohibited
* Users who intentionally aim to prevent conversation on a thread will have their posts removed.
C1.5. Users personal details.
* Users should be aware that they are posting on a public web site and the Fair Organ Preservation Society cannot restrict who can view those details.
* If possible we recommend that you invite users to contact you via the Private Message system or email in the first instance so that you may chose to whom you give private contact details.
See the Forum Privacy Statement
C1.6. This site is open to people of all ages and from public places, any content posted should reflect this.
* Messages posted should be suitable for viewing from a place of work or publicly accessible computer.
* Posting of links or other content designed to deliberately cause a nuisance to someone viewing the site, or to disrupt the working of their computer, is prohibited.
C2. Member Conduct
C2.1. Comments that are wholly designed to upset or cause distress to other members are prohibited.
* We will not tolerate threatening or abusive behaviour. Anyone who is found guilty of acting this way towards any member risks being banned from the forum.
* Racist, homophobic, or similarly offensive content is unacceptable.
* This includes messages sent via the Private Message system.
C2.2. Public criticism of the moderation process is prohibited.
* Any user who has a question about the decision of a moderator should ask them via the Private Message system.
* If you are dissatisfied with their response then you should contact the Admin Team.
C3. Signatures and Avatars
C3.1. All rules above regarding unacceptable content apply to signatures and avatars.
* Images that are offensive, or which include offensive language, will be removed.
* Quoting of comments posted on public forums by other users is considered fair and will not be regarded as offensive or distressing unless exceptional circumstances apply.
C4. Advertising and Promotion
C4.1. Messages intended to advertise or promote external organizations and sites without prior approval of the Admin Team are prohibited.
* Official Society advertising is allowable with permission of the relevant forum moderators.
On message boards which they moderate, a forum moderator may...
1. Edit individual posts
2. Delete individual posts
3. Merge threads
4. Lock threads
5. Delete threads
6. Move threads to other message boards
7. Remove a member's posting rights on their message board
Any moderator may...
1. Request a member to remove or change their signature or avatar
2. Issue warnings on behalf of the Fair Organ Preservation Society
3. Block a member's access to their user account
If you disagree with the decision of a moderator you should contact them via private message to discuss their actions. Starting new threads, or posting on existing threads to complain is prohibited under rule C2.2. above.
The Acceptable Usage Policy is non-negotiable, and all decisions of the Administration Team and the Fair Organ Preservation Society are final.