50 Years

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Modifying Midi Files
New postPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:32 pm 

I have both Anvil Studio and Cakewalk and need to try and alter some Midid files that have commands or notes in places that are not required. Is it possiblt to select all notes on one line at once to remove the lot from a Piano Roll? For instance I have a 42 note tune that has register commands on note midi90 which is in my counter melody section and I need to remove all note on this line as well as note on several others. So far I have only been able to delete each note individually which is taking forever!! and i have two tunes to alter. Anyone give me a better solution?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Modifying Midi Files
New postPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:53 pm 
New-ish Member

If you're in Piano Roll view in Cakewalk, you can just click on the corresponding note on the piano keyboard on the left: this should select all notes on that 'line'.

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:45 pm 

Hi, thanks for the reply, I dont seem to be able to click to highlight the line of notes by clicking on the keyboard, it simplys plays the note selected. I can however "drag" the entire line up to say Midi 125 which is not capable of being used by my decoder which gets them out of the music, but doesnt delete them completly. Have I got an older version of cakewalk perhaps? Or do I need to be in a particular mode to use that function?

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:02 pm 
New-ish Member

Strange ... I have Cakewalk Pro 8; if I click on the key on the keyboard on the left (Piano Roll View), all notes in that line turn black and get selected ... So you only get to hear the note you clicked on?

Profile E-mail  

New postPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:41 pm 

I have tried deleting notes in Pro8 and an older version of cakewalk and both work OK.
As bisebaer says first highlight the note by clicking on the note in the Keyboard on the left handside in piano roll then go to delete at the top of the page and click on it,a delete box should now open, make sure that "events in track" is selected and click OK and hey presto the line of notes are gone.
Best of luck hope this helps,
Regards
George :grinder:

George

Profile E-mail